What is a Repeat Prescription?
If the Doctor/Nurse Practitioner decides that you require repeat prescriptions in-between appointments, your medication you will be given a computer printed repeat request slip listing your medication.
Each slip will also show a review date, which can be located on the bottom of the slip; this is the date by which you need to be seen by the Doctor/Nurse Practitioner for a check-up to monitor your health and review your medication. Please make sure that you arrange an appointment before your review date.
If you are a new patient to the surgery please make sure that you make an appointment to see the Doctor or Nurse Practitioner before your repeat medication is due so that they can organise for you to be able to order your medication from the Pharmacy.
How to order a Repeat Prescriptions
Your GP may arrange for you to have a repeat prescription for your medication. Reordering your repeat prescription is simple and easy, The Red House Surgery allows you to reorder your prescription through a variety of ways; including via our secure online services.
- Order your repeat prescription through our online services
- Requests can be made by visiting the surgery
- Reorder your prescription by fax to (01908) 377629
- Reorder your prescription by post. If a stamped addressed envelope is supplied your prescription can be returned via Royal Mail.
- You may also arrange for a pharmacy of your choice to collect your prescription on your behalf.
Please ensure that you leave at least two working days between when you order your repeat prescription and when you will need the new supply of medication. Whenever possible we would be grateful if the counterfoil of your previous prescription could be submitted and clearly marked with what items are required.
Please note that we are unable to take requests for prescriptions on the telephone.