Patient and Public Voice representative needed for NHS England’s Improving Access to General Practice Delivery Group. Closing date for applications 15th January 2018 with interviews to be held on 26th January 2018.
NHS England’s Improving Access to General Practice Delivery Group is looking for one Patient and Public Voice representative. All applicants must have a commitment to improving patient experience and to developing excellent public participation, as well as an understanding of national policy development. Applicants will have previous experience of representing PPV in healthcare forums at a local or regional level and be looking for a step to a national programme or have experience of working with national programmes. They will need to bring experience of working in partnership with health organisations, an ability to display sound judgement and objectivity, an awareness and commitment of equality and diversity and be able to demonstrate their ability to engage with large groups and interact with multiple stakeholders at senior management level.
The purpose of the Improving Access to General Practice Delivery Group is to:
- Deliver the Government’s mandate to NHS England “to ensure everyone has easier and more convenient access to GP services, including appointments at evening and weekends and same-day GP appointments for all over 75s who need them.”
- Ensure this is delivered in a way which contributes to the wider transformational changes, with general practice playing a stronger role as part of a wider set of integrated services, as described in the five year forward view and local STPs.
- Advise of the most effective ways to:
- improve public satisfaction with access to General Practice services
- take action to reduce inequalities in patient access to General Practice services.
- Work collaboratively with regions to support CCG plans for improving access.
PPV representatives will be reimbursed for reasonable travel and subsistence expenses in line with the NHS England Patient and Public Voice Expenses policy. There is no involvement payment for this role. Membership of the group is until 31 March 2019, with an initial three month review in June 2018.
For an information pack and details of how to apply please email email@example.com or call 0113 825 3292. The closing date for applications is 15th January 2018.