The Red House Surgery Patient Participation Group is a group of Red House Surgery patients who are keen to work together with members of the Practice Team to develop areas of health care services at the Practice.
The aims of this group are to:-
- Provide means for patients to make positive suggestions about the Practice and specific medical conditions such as an ‘expert’ or experienced patient
- Act as a representative group that can be called upon to influence the local provision of health and social care
- Give practice staff and patients the opportunity to discuss topics of mutual interest in their Practice
- Develop self-help projects to meet the needs of fellow patients, such as befriending, help with transport, and bereavement support
- Encourage health education activities within the Practice
Could I join the group?
We are looking to invite more patients to join us and get involved in our monthly meetings.
No experience is necessary, just a willingness to work together.
A sense of humour would be a great advantage along with a genuine interest to be involved with members of the Practice population and local community and an understanding that change can be beneficial.
Ideally we would like a variety of ages, abilities and ethnic backgrounds. Other individual skills would certainly be appreciated but are not essential.
How to contact the group:
- Attend a monthly meeting; meetings are rotated between Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Every other meeting is a themed meeting where we have a guest speaker.
- Telephone the Practice Manager, Jane Hanlon on 01908 375111
- Visit the surgery and ask the Receptionist to speak with the Practice Manager regarding joining the group
For further details please read the document below:
Patient Participation Group Annual Report 2015
All PPG meetings commence at 6.15pm and are held in the upstairs reception area of the Surgery. You are most welcome to join us.
- Monday, 14th January, 2019
- Tuesday, 12th February, 2019
- Tuesday, 12th March, 2019
- Monday, 8th April, 2019
- Tuesday, 7th May, 2019
- Tuesday, 11th June, 2019
- Monday, 8th July, 2019
- Tuesday, 13th August, 2019
- Monday, 7th October, 2019
- Tuesday, 12th November, 2019
- Tuesday, 10th December, 2019
Although unlikely, if there are any changes in the above, you will be notified as soon as possible.
PPG Network Meeting
- Wednesday 21st June 2017 at NHS CCG. Read more…
The National Association for Patient Participation
The National Association for Patient Participation (N.A.P.P) is a charity organisation that promotes and supports patient participation in primary care. Patient participation is a unique partnership between patients, GPs and their practice. It is essential to ensure high quality care designed specifically for patients.
N.A.P.P is the only UK umbrella organisation for patient-led groups in general practice and they provide essential support through a comprehensive range of specialist resources. They provide useful information, conferences, workshops, research, consultancy and more to help support Patient Groups in the UK.